Of all the advertising options available to Central Savannah River Area business owners, streaming audio services like Pandora and Spotify are the least effective. Here's why.
According to Nielsen, after the content of a commercial is considered, the element of an advertising campaign that drives sales the most is reach. In other words, making sure the most people possible are exposed to the advertiser's message is crucial.
When it comes to achieving reach among consumers, Pandora and Spotify rank dead last. Advertising on Augusta radio stations can reach 201% more consumers than these two streaming-audio platforms combined.
It may surprise many small business owners that Augusta radio has a larger reach than Pandora and Spotify even among millennials. Clearly, it is a myth that younger consumers are ditching legacy media in favor of digital options.
Radio's dominance over audio-streaming sources like Pandora and Spotify is not limited to reach. According to Edison Research, consumers devote 225% more of their time spent with audio, listening to local radio versus streaming sites.
According to the eBook "7 Steps For Success", the repetition of an advertiser's message is crucial to achieving top-of-mind status for a CSRA small business owner. The more times a consumer spends with a medium, the more efficient it becomes to generate an effective level of frequency.
Because consumers spend so little of their time with streaming-audio sites like Pandora and Spotify, it becomes nearly impossible for a CSRA business owner to achieve the levels of repetition necessary for an advertising schedule to be effective.
If a business is already advertising on Augusta radio stations, then by default, they are already reaching almost all of Pandora's and Spotify's audiences.
Nielsen reveals that 87% of the combined, local audience for Pandora and Spotify also listens to Augusta radio stations during the course of the week.
That number is slightly higher among millennial consumers. Almost 89% of 18-34 year-old Pandora and Spotify listeners tune-in to Augusta radio stations, as well, during the course of the week.
More Great Advice For CSRA Small Business Owners
- CSRA Business Owners Recruit Blue-Collar Workers On Augusta Radio
- Advertising On Augusta Radio Puts A CSRA Small Business On The Map
- Is Your CSRA Small Business Ready For Back-To-School Season?
- Make Your Advertising Heard: Advice For CSRA Small Business Owners
- Should CSRA Business Owners Put Phone Numbers In Radio Advertising?
- New CSRA Small Business Uses Radio Advertising To Beat The Competition
- Do Millennials Listen To Augusta Radio Stations?
- Turning Listeners Into Customers With Advertising On Augusta Radio
- Pro Tips For CSRA Small Business: Advertising on Augusta Radio
- How To Advertise For Free On Augusta Radio Stations