Almost 102,000 adult consumers in the Central Savannah River area belong to a fitness club. These memberships bring in close to $200 million in sales to local gym owners.
January is critical for the small business owners that operate gyms in the Augusta area. According to the International Health, Racquet, and Sportsclub Association, this one month alone, accounts for 10.8% of annual membership sales. New Year's resolutions are the reason for this early year spike.
To capture a larger share of the $20.4 million CSRA consumers will spend on gym memberships in January, requires fitness center owners to advertise. The best way to do this is on Augusta radio. Here's why.
According to Nielsen, the media component of an advertising campaign that has the greatest effect on sales is reach. This is the number of different people who are exposed to the marketing message.
Every week, more adult consumers tune-in to an Augusta radio station than watch local TV, read a newspaper, use social media sites like Facebook and Instagram, or log-on to a streaming audio site like Pandora and Spotify.
Augusta radio's dominant reach among fitness club members extends specifically to millennials. This generation accounts for nearly 40% of all consumers who belong to gyms.
Notice how, among millennials, radio's reach among remains consistent but, Augusta television is eclipsed by the reach of Facebook.
According to the IHRSA, advertising has become critical to the success of fitness club owners as competitors are popping up everywhere. In 2018, the number of gyms increased by 3%. Most business analysts expect this growth trend to continue.
More Advertising Advice For CSRA Business Owners
- How To Create Top Of Mind Awareness For A CSRA Small Business
- Where Will CSRA Consumers Do Their Holiday Shopping This Year?
- Marketing To CSRA Pet Owners: A Small Business Guide
- CSRA Business Owners Target Drivers To Increase Store Traffic
- Social Media Advertising: How Does It Compare To Augusta Radio?
- 5 Facts CSRA Business Owners Need To Know About Radio Advertising
- Where Do CSRA Consumers Spend Their Money?
- How CSRA Retailers Can Earn A Larger Share Of Holiday Spending